Sunday, May 31, 2015

REcess

GIRL'S DAY IN!  AKA: Dabble

School is out, but my schedule is full: this is my "season" at work so while everyone gets to relax & slow down, my life speeds up.  I decide to squish in some MUCH needed Dabble Play Date with some girlfriends.  Today was the day!

Our Dabble project was to paint initials for our front doors.

The super cute swirly letters were found at Hobby Lobby for $5/each


We hopped on Pinterest for some inspiration - Dana, who has saltwater in her veins, found an awesome beach scene she recreated

I went with a baseball initial - yes, I know my seams are out of whack.
  
Something was a-miss, tho: it was too white!  Baseballs shouldn't be white, LOL.  They're meant to be played with & you know a good ball when you see it's been used.  So, Shirley helped me antique it!

First, she tried a paint brush but it wasn't giving us enough of an edge, so she asked if I had a make-up sponge?  Well... yeah, I did...  she wicked taupe paint along the edges & I think it gave just the exact effect we were hoping for

The final results - just need to add ribbon so we can hang them on our doors.  Love how all of us went in different directions!




No comments: